We moved to Toronto’s suburbs in late 2006. By then, my Subaru Outback was 1 year old and we were totally in love with him.
With life in the ‘burbs, we soon found out that we need another car. We leased a brand new VW Rabbit, cause I saw it’s ad in Rolling Stone and thought it was cool.
Fast forward 5 months, and we had it with the life in suburban Canada: we missed the busy corner at Yonge and Davisville! We sold the house immediately and moved back to our beloved Merton Street.
So we don’t need 2 cars now, and I really can’t get out of the lease 1 year into it. The logical and sad conclusion: we sell the Subaru
Besides the obvious, paid Auto Trader advertising, here is what I used for free to advertise the sale:
- Flickr: created a set for the car’s pictures. It’s here. It includes the whole word-description of the sale.
- Facebook – post on Marketplace
- Facebook – uploaded a link
- a little story here, on the blog
- free ads on Kijiji and Craiglist
- free ad on the intranet at my office
I’ll probably do something (like a Status change) on MySpace, but it’s down now.
Any more suggestions?
(in the picture, a view to Merton Street, as it looks behind the buildings. There is a walking path equally enjoyed by dog-owners, cyclists, young parents and joggers)