I was tagged by the Ductapeguy.
Here are the six things I hope you didn’t know about me.
- I was still a kid when my parents woke me up at 4 AM in the cold of the winter, just because each head in the family would get to buy 1 bottle of milk. The milk was sold starting 6 AM, and by 7 AM was gone. There was a headcount when milk was sold in fuckin’ communist Romania: it was that bad and I will always remember.
- During my university years, my hair was so long that I could use it as a belt for my jeans.
- I mentored very few people when I was a radio personality. It pays to go quality rather than quantity, most of them keep in touch from their corner of the world. Each one of them appreciates the Music and the Artist at the right value.
- I have a sister that’s 5 years older than I am. She introduced me to Borges / Tarkovski / Pink Floyd === Daniil Harms / Michelangelo Antonioni / Tangerine Dream, and many others along the pattern (literature/film/music).
- Like any other over-qualified Canadian immigrant, I did my share of survival jobs: market research, security, superintendent. While doing my job, I was humiliated by arrogant people less educated than me. But an ex-MP (Member of Parliament of Canada), ex minister of defense (and notorious liberal caucus personality) that lived in the building I was taking care of (as superintendent) said to me: “George, see the third phone on my desk? The black one. It’s a direct line to the prime minister of Canada. If you run into a problem, you tell me first and I’ll use the damn phone.”
- I met my wife while she auditioned for a radio-host job at the FM station where I was managing the hiring process. I met my son on a Monday morning in 2006 at Mt. Sinai hospital in Toronto. They both had no idea I was there to bring love in their lives, and to stay.
I will end this thread here because everybody else I know already did it.