Good recruiting agents keep sending me job offers even when I’m not on the market: you see, I may know someone looking.
And I don’t charge for putting agents in touch with people I trust.
I just got Chris Penn‘s newsletter in the Inbox today, and one of the things he is doing great is maintaining a job board on one of his blogs.
When jobs are scarce, it’s good to find out about the available ones from everywhere possible.
Following Chris’s example, I decided to circulate, semi-publicly, on this blog, the job offers that IT-recruiters are sending to me.
It may be of interest for someone.
Or, at least, may give you a more clear picture of what I am doing and what kind of work is on demand in Toronto.
If interested, my contact information is in the ABOUT page at the top.
QA Analyst: contract/12 mths/GTA WEST
Position Type: 1 Year Contract
Position Category: Information Technology
QA/testing experience using a variety of tools and methodologies
Manual testing experience
Experience testing web based applications
Knowledge and exposure to SDLC
Experience working on multiple projects with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties
Proven success on projects with complex applications spanning across multiple teams and lines of business
Excellent communication skills; presentation and facilitation skills
Quality Centre experience
XML / SOAP experience
Creation of test requirements, test cases and test scripts
Walkthrough the QA Test Cases with other QA Team members prior to execution
Defect reporting and tracking
Coordinate/Document actual test results and responsible for the end-to-end tracking of all issues found
Provide input to QA test estimates.
Walk through the QA Test Results with the QA Team and communicate status to Project leaders
Assist in defect investigation and escalation
– Documentation – 20%
– Test Case Execution – 70%
– Planning – 10%
Quality Assurance Analyst– Contract 6 months
Working alongside the development team, candidate will be tasked with development and execution of Test Strategy and related Test Plans. The projects range will include Web and Client base Applications. Responsibilities include planning and execution of test cases, reporting on recorded issues and a project progress. Recognizing and flagging potential bottlenecks and risks.
· Working closely with the project team (web developers, designers and project managers), candidate will be responsible for:
- o Prepare test plans and test cases and associated test data based on requirements to ensure the practicality, performance, quality and reliability of each of the company projects o Develop and apply a set of quality assurance testing procedures and processes
o Test, identify and log bugs, then report results back to project teams
o Analyze test results and provide recommendations for improved processes
o Write formal periodic reports
o Performing research and development on initiatives and tools whose results contribute to the improvement and expansion of an internal suite of services, technologies or quality assurance processes
o Interact with various teams ( technical and non-technical) and work on various projects
· Minimum 2 years of QA testing experience in a transactional and marketing web-based environment
· Review and propose way to improve existing procedures to align it with QA best practices
· Experience in testing of web application with emphasis on transactional solutions
· In-depth experience with Windows and Mac client environments
· Strong knowledge of bug tracking with testing tools and utilities
· Exposure to current web technologies including .Net, CSS, XML, Java
· Experience handling multiple projects in a full development life cycle
· Ability to work as part of a team and a good work ethic
· Ability to write QA documents (test strategy, test plans /test cases, procedures, test reports)
· Identify areas that initial project documentations are not sufficient – gap analysis
· Strong communication skills (oral and written)
· (Good to have) Strong knowledge of RDBMS and strong ability to understand and examine data quality
· (Nice to have) Broad experience of software testing, with familiarity of automated testing, load testing and stress testing best practices and technologies.
2010-10-13-001 Epicor Vantage ERP Business Analyst Or Developer-Business Analyst Consultant, Mississauga ON
We are seeking a consultant to work on a 4+ month extendable contract in Mississauga Ontario
Duration: 4+ Months
4-5 years of functional or techno-functional experience
experience in business process, supply chain, inventory processes
Excellent Communication skills
Epicor Vantage ERP Manufacturing and Supply Chain
* Hands-on experience with Epicor Vantage ERP Manufacturing and Supply Chain modules
* Strong business process knowledge
* Technical knowledge is preferable
* Client service oriented; drive to over-deliver to internal client in a timely manner.
* Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to work on several projects at once
* Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.