My 4-year old recently took his first trip with a real train, on our way to Montreal.
(Sure, he did this when he was 2, and 3, but kids don’t remember, so why not sell it as a first, again?)
OK, maybe a bit too eager.
He was fine with his portable DVD and playing with the other kids traveling in the comfortable VIA Rail train.
As we watched the window I pointed excitingly:
– Santi, this train runs SOOOOO fast!
– Yes, daddy. (3 seconds of silence and then, blase…) Faster than the stop signs.
– Daddy, remember in Montreal when I was playing in the snow with my friends?
– And you were in the backyard, too?
– And you put your glass of wine in the snow?
– That’s how you got a cold.